NCS Technologies, Inc.
NCS has been helping enterprises staff and deliver business-critical projects for over 30 years. We are business and technology consultants who understand what works when aligning the people needed to help our clients succeed.
Business System Analyst with strong project management background for a long term contract role in Tampa FL. This position is within the Enterprise Finance Architecture group and will support the Global Data Integrations (GDI) Project Manager in managing the process of planning for and implementing Client’s financial administration systems into the GDI architecture.
This role will act as the liaison between business groups (e.g. Corporate Finance, Lines of Business (LOBs), Investment stakeholders) and IT Technology partners (e.g. Corporate IT and Line of Business (LOB) IT). General activities involve analyzing current output of admin systems, capturing business requirements from LOBs, and working with IT partners to coordinate the implementation of these systems.
PROJECT PLANNING & INITIATION
• Assist in the creation of project charters, plans and other required documents.
• Maintain the project plan, assist with the execution of assigned project plan tasks, and track overall project health utilizing MS Project.
• Develop specifications for accounting rules with business partners.
• Schedule and execute orientation, business analysis, and other related meetings with business partners including the creation of presentations and meeting setup activities.
• Assist in Project Communications and Status Reporting to related groups.
• Analyze accounting transactions processed via financial administration systems.
• Assist in gathering requirements and obtaining sign-off from business resources.
• Comprehension of GDI architectural components to support questions from Lines of Business and other areas.
• Create process flow diagrams to reflect current and future business processes.
• Provide business input during technical discussions.
• Assist in the coordination of meetings between business and IT groups to review IT design solutions as they relate to the business requirements provided.
• Attend status meeting of Rules Development and IT Development teams to assist Project Manager in tracking of development against the project plan timeline.
• Analyze test files and issues found throughout testing to determine appropriate resolution, communicate to LOBs, IT and testing partners, and track defects to completion.
• Participate in activities related to Deployment/rollout of administration systems into GDI architecture.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* Knowledge of MIS, as well as knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with financial statements, including balance sheet and income statements. Client corporate financial statement knowledge is preferred
• Experience with business analysis work
• Good consensus builder, team player
• Excellent oral and written communications skills including strong meeting support skills including: setup, creation of clear meeting agendas, and meeting facilitation skills
• Strong organizational, analytical and multitasking skills
• Ability to work autonomously and be proactive in identifying and resolving issues, and identifying tasks to be accomplished (in support of the project)
• Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills are necessary and knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio, and Client admin systems a plus
• Familiarity with BI Publisher, PeopleSoft (Client’s Corporate Ledger software), including People Soft Query
• Insurance experience a plus
BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, MIS, or other related field
NCS Technologies, Inc.
Website : http://www.ncst.com