Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is searching for a Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst serves as a customer representative to understand the business and technical requirements, existing system functionality, and convert them into user stories to support the modernization of a legacy application. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with story development strategy, planning, and execution of user stories. The individual filling this role will work directly with the customer and development teams to understand and build out the appropriate user stories. We are looking for someone who has a strong initiative, is eager to learn, and can work both independently and as a team member. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and interact in a service-oriented environment.
* Perform effectively in an Agile environment
* Work closely with software developers and other stakeholders to meet all objectives
* Document requirements in the form of user stories
* Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups
* Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* Notifies Lead BA of critical risks and issues, and helps to resolve in a timely manner
* Experience working with Business Process Management tools (Pega)
* Peer review deliverables prepared by other team members
* 3-5 years of experience
* Bachelor's Degree in related field, or demonstrated years of experience
* US Citizen
* Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
* Experience working with Agile (Scrum, Kanban) methodologies
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Self-starter willing to learn new skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Experience reviewing and documenting requirements
* Strong analytical skills
* Demonstrates the experience and ability to work without technical oversight
* Ability to prioritize and deliver work on time
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Experience using Jira, Confluence, and Helix
* Experience with Pega 7.3 or other BPM tool
* Existing Public Trust with Department of Justice , Department of Homeland Security, or Department of Commerce
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE ; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, only US Citizens can be considered for this position.
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers.
Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforce since 1963.
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual - our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
DSA employees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market:
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
Employer-paid AD&D insurance and disability coverage
Health saving/flexible spending accounts
Flexible hours when available
Wellness programs and health initiatives
Monthly town hall meetings
Retirement savings plan
Employee stock ownership
Team dinner dates that include spouses and the executive team
Corporate partner purchasing program
DSA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal, state, and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote, and evaluate all personnel without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. We provide equal opportunity for the development and advancement of all employees and to engage in these and all other company-sponsored activities without unlawful discrimination of any type, whether on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or U.S. military or veteran status. Job applicants and current employees are evaluated solely on job-related qualifications and experience.