Park Place Technologies
Park Place Technologies
Park Place Technologies is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Pricing • El Cajon, California
The Channel Operations - Pricing Analyst's primary function is to price, assess, and cost-load quote proposals to support the Channel Sales group. The pricing function consists of compiling technical information from different sources to generate a quote for data center warranty services. The position requires attention to detail as essential to the role. This position ensures accurate pricing and clean, well-formatted proposal documents. The Channel Operations - Pricing Analyst will interact primarily with the Channels support team and external partner representatives, as well as, sales, finance, and contracts support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generates well-developed, accurate, and clearly formatted pricing quotes.
• Meets department quote volume and quality standards.
• Manages quote turnaround expectations, ensuring timely quote completion and minimizing revisions, reprioritizing without direction, when appropriate.
• Collaborates with the channel support team to ensure partner performance objectives and expectations are met.
• Researches information such as list pricing, current contract pricing, equipment specifications and configurations.
• Make recommendations for approving deviations from standard pricing based on volume, competitive information and an understanding of end user customer needs.
• Inputs accurate and up-to-date records on pricing and quotes, including rationale for pricing decisions and discounts, e.g. exception documentation.
• Understands IT equipment, data center configurations, as well as how components interact with each other in order to accurately price and identify missing components.
• Interprets equipment scripts to extract configuration data, work with Support Group and higher-level Engineers to understand cost and failure rates for various product types or models.
• Works with Sales, Finance, and Support teams to create mutually-beneficial solutions.
• Ad-hoc analysis, as needed.
• Able to create reports for review or participate in special projects related to cost data and incident history reporting.
• Attend meetings and keep current on all impacts to job and team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Education Associate's degree or equivalent minimum; Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience One to Three years pricing-related experience (Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Actuarial, Accounting, IT / technical field, database management, reporting).
• Advanced level skill and experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Knowledge and experience in reading, understanding and formulating responses to pricing quote requests and RFP's.
• Familiarity with different types of data center hardware, configurations and architecture.
• Prior experience in the hardware computer industry, preferred.
• Experience with OEM and/or competitor pricing, a plus.
• Ability to work long hours or over standard when required.
Certifications or Licenses None required.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Communication Skills: These are critical to this position. Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, business plans, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups employees, customers or vendors, etc. Ability to regularly, clearly and effectively communicate with Sales, Pricing, various other teams, and vendors.
Mathematical Skills: Possess numbers acumen. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry, statistical analysis and data modeling. Proficient with operations in MS Excel.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers. Outside the box thinker who looks for creative solutions.
Organizational Skills: Must be strongly detail-oriented and have project management and follow through skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Ability to handle multiple proposals and deadlines at once.
• Occasional travel by car, plane or bus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Long periods of time sitting at a desk (daily).
• Manual dexterity to type on computer keyboard and operate general office equipment, such as phone, fax/copier/scanner.
• Must be able to speak and hear adequately.
• Clear vision at close, mid and far distances.
• Occasional driving.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Office environment (controlled climate). http://www.jobtarget.com/c/includes/jvimg.cfm?site=7990&job=25741288> src=https://analytics.click2apply.net/vmkpXDMfzoVzRH2AOCROBR>
Park Place Technologies
Website : http://www.parkplacetechnologies.com/
For over two decades, Park Place Technologies has specialized in providing organizations around the globe with post-warranty maintenance and support solutions for their storage, server, and networking equipment including EMC, Dell, IBM, Cisco, Hitachi, NetApp, HP, Sun/Oracle, and legacy systems by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) and Data General. From small and midsized businesses and Fortune 500 organizations to government, higher education and healthcare institutions, Park Place Technologies is redefining the service experience for more than 3,800 customers around the globe with its Service First Philosophy.