Medline Industries, Inc.
TMS/WMS CONFIGURATION / BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
This individual will primarily serve Medlines Operations division by providing timely and accurate data, process and system analysis for improving warehousing and transportation efficiencies. The initial focus for this position will be with the Transportation Management System. The ideal candidate should have 1-3 years of experience as a Business Analyst and recent direct experience working in a logistics environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work closely with the business community to perform functional analysis for designing solutions, evaluating options that include, but are not limited to: new program development, configuration of existing systems, business process redesign, new package/system evaluation or a combination of these options. Understand enough about each option to evaluate multiple options and recommend the best course of action based on requirements coverage and effort required.
2. Develop expertise with the transportation management system (TMS), warehouse management system (WMS) and the labor management system (LMS).
3. Serve as an I/S point person for addressing issues and enhancements related to the specific product and functional area.
4. Work closely with business users to determine business requirements and translates them to system requirements.
5. Responsible for making software configuration changes to support business processes.
6. Consider data sensitivity and process control to determine security and user authorization impacts. Works with manager and with corporate auditing to ensure that access to systems and data are authorized only to the proper people.
7. Create business requirement document (BRD) and component requirement designs (CRD) that meet the business needs, adhering to departmental documentation standards.
8. Deliver program requirements to developers and serve as the developers point of contact for clarification and follow-up throughout the development process.
9. Responsible for managing conversion and/or implementation plans for TMS, WMS and LMS.
SECONDARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contribute to organization success.
Keep management, other team members and other departmental employees aware of obstacles and status changes in a timely manner.
Use proper judgment to determine when such communication is necessary.
Consider the need for other team members to support their areas of responsibility and openly shares an understanding of these areas.
Ensure his/her areas of expertise are covered when absent.
Work with manager to proactively seek opportunities to improve skills and knowledge through training opportunities.
Maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Consistently interact professionally and work productively with all levels of Medline employees. Follow Medlines Code of Ethics and other corporate policies.
2. Responsible for the functional testing of the application (development and configuration) and the support of these applications when moved to production.
Adhere to departmental quality assurance and quality control standards during testing and implementation activities.
Analyze production issues as necessary to determine the cause of the issue and determine the necessary course of action for resolution.
Responsible for testing the solution and verifying that the production issue has indeed been resolved following implementation.
Consider technical and performance consequences when creating design deliverables. Use light technical skills in the appropriate toolset to analyze data.
Create and deliver user documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented efforts. Consider business processes and system interaction when creating this documentation. Determine proper delivery method for this communication: e.g. formal training, distribution of soft copy document, etc. Work with I/S training staff as necessary to ensure departmental consistency.
High learning agility. Position will often require learning new areas of business and new software.
Strong experience with data analysis/design and systems analysis/design.
Good communication skills. Able to communicate with business and I/S personnel (written and oral).
Experience with transportation management systems.
Experience with warehouse management systems.
Experience with labor management systems.
Direct experience in an operations/distribution environment. Engineering or Systems experience.
Experience writing SQL
MS Excel, Word, Access
Medline Industries, Inc.
Website : http://www.medline.com
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States, providing more than 350,000 products that serve the entire continuum of care. Our innovative products and programs can be found in most hospitals, extended-care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care dealers, home health agencies and retail outlets.