Business Systems Analyst - Senior
Leads workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert. Collaborates withclient and information technology organizations to lead the definition offunctional requirements and functional designs of creative solutions that willsupport the clients’ strategy and future business goals. Performs
to proactively identify and analyze future opportunities and emergingsolutions that could be applied in the clients’ operations to driveimprovement. Leverage technical expertise in updating multi-year technologyroadmaps for clients. Support IT Architecture & Development organization inclarifying functional requirements and functional design during development ofsolution.
Education and Experience
• 7 years’ experience in information technology application design ordevelopment
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent
• Skilled at converting business needs into technology requirements and workingwithin IT to manage the execution of projects
• Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approachsolutions, and decide and influence appropriate courses of action
• Knowledge of Content Management.
• Knowledge of Content Models, Tagging, Content Personalization and DigitalAsset Management.
• Knowledge of Experience Manager Applications.
• Knowledge of Understanding Dimensions, Templates, Pages and Cartridges.
• Knowledge of Data indexing in search technologies.
• Knowledge of REST APIs to understand the data extraction from
• Knowledge on SDLC and Agile methodologies.
• Able to run JIRA Sprint boards and navigate the delivery of user stories asneeded based on business priorities.
• Graduate degree
• Experience identifying and analyzing alternative solutions to complexbusiness requirements and providing guidance and advice
• Strong communication skills, including experience facilitating
and functional design working sessions
• Experience completing information technology cost/resource estimates toimplement and support solutions
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
• Excellent analytical skills where problems are very unusual and extremelydifficult
• Experience with business process re-engineering
• Demonstrated knowledge of supported discipline
• Strong process management, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolutionskills
• Broad technical experience across technical components
network, applications, data, and information security
• Familiarity with Company’s existing information architecture,
and information management methodology
• Knowledge of emerging technologies, including those new to the Companyenvironment as well as those that are new to the information systems industry
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Facilitates business requirements analysis and functional design worksessions including creating business presentations, communications, anddocumentation
• Lead functional design including demonstrations to stakeholders to validateapproach
• Identifies creative solutions to business requirements, analyzes thestrengths and weaknesses of alternatives, and provides recommendations
• Works with external vendors and analogous companies to obtain
approaches, and demonstrations of solutions
• Collaborates with the client organization including business analysts in theclient organizations
• Document functional, integration, and testing requirements as well as SLAsand operating level agreements
• Leads technology cost/resource estimates and input to business cases
• Work with the IT Architecture & Development organization duringdevelopment to address functional requirements and functional
• Provide expertise and update multi-year technology roadmaps
• Provide expertise to training and field support groups as appropriate beforenew releases go-live
• Identifies opportunities to enhance the business partnership and planningprocesses
• Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
• Follows all defined technology standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance,SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to theappropriate process owners as needed
• Participates in technical evaluation process when assessing additions or changesto defined technology standards
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing andengaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision andvalues at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
• Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizesit on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace;serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure andperformance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues,problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from differentsources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions,solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence andcommand respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents thecompany in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring andsystematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential forproducing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution ofbusiness plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going
• Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build acohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusingthe team on its mission and importance to the organization.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plansdesigned to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market sharethrough effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self-and/orothers; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, andmonitors the efforts of self-and/or others toward the accomplishment goals;proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on anunderstanding of
needs and actions consistent with thecompany’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diversestyles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives;
to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; andensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their fullpotential.
• Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellowemployees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, andincluded; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outsidethe organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental sharedservices and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, RevenueManagement) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations withgovernment, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectivelyas a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure neededresources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills andcapabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignmentsand work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of anorganizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularlycreates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gainedknowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
• Technical Acumen – Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills andknowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday
generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific workchallenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manageeveryday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business andadministrative challenges.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishingbasic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g.,personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly,correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideaspresented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in workrelated documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs ofthe audience.