JOB TITLE: Risk Control Consultant Property
CNA is currently seeking a Risk Control Consultant with an all lines background along with a strength in property to join our team in Chicago. This is an individual contributor position with responsibilities for the overall risk control assessment, evaluation, consulting and technical support on complex issues/assignments. Recognized as a technical expert in a product line of class of business specialty. Under general management direction, works within broad limits of authority requiring a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. The person in this role will have a background in assessing all types of accounts and will have exposure to Life Science and Complex Product liability risks.
The Risk Control Consultant is a work at home position and includes a company vehicle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs workplace/work site risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement services which may include large and/or special property accounts of some complexity.
2. Provides risk assessment information on complex accounts to support the underwriting process for prospective, new and renewal accounts. Submits corresponding Risk Control recommendations or business solutions to minimize identified exposures.
3. Assesses customer's risk control program needs and develops and executes a customized strategy and supporting implementation plan for further refinements or improvements.
4. Makes recommendations on the development and implementation of risk control policy, marketing and business strategy to support achievement of local Branch and overall enterprise profit and growth strategies.
5. Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external business partners.
6. Develops and conducts education, training, and presentations.
7. Provides expertise in one or more specialty area to both internal and external customers.
8. May identify opportunities for and/or develop new products and services.
9. Conducts agency/broker visits to build relationships, discuss account or book of business issues and market CNA?s products and services to support territorial business needs.
10. May be responsible for special projects.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Advanced technical and product specific expertise, risk control evaluation and assessment skills and knowledge of insurance and risk control principles, practices and procedures.
2. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
3. Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize multiple concurrent assignments.
4. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
6. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
7. Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
9. Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of five to eight years risk control experience with proven track record of results and specific knowledge / expertise in property.
Job: Risk Control
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-ILAA-Illinois Work at home
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-ILAA-Illinois Work at home
Organization: Comm Ins - RC - TX Dall
Job Posting: Jan 11, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Website : http://www.cna.com/
Since 1897, CNA has been providing outstanding service and an ongoing commitment to building long-term relationships, earning us a reputation for being a carrier that inspires trust. At CNA, we take pride in our ability to offer innovative products and services that meet the evolving needs of our customers and business partners alike. As the 7th largest U.S. commercial insurer and the 13th largest U.S. property & casualty insurer, we provide insurance protection to more than one million businesses and professionals in the U.S. and internationally. We understand the importance of being where our customers are. Headquartered in Chicago, CNA has offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. In these locations, we work with highly professional independent agents and brokers to ensure our customers receive the personal service and attention they look for in a carrier.