Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Leidos is seeking a Business Development Analyst to lead the business development and capture activities of our NASA IT portfolio. This position is based out of Gaithersburg, with local and extended travel expected up to 50% of the time.The Business Development Analyst position is focused on identifying, qualifying, and capturing opportunities within NASA IT related programs, continuing to build the Leidos business pipeline, executing the BD process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the NASA IT domain.
* Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
* Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements,acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
* Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
* Lead capture activities, to include strategy workshops, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, proposal reviews. Shape opportunities to increase win probability.
* Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasks.
* Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
* Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
* Mentors less-experienced capture managers in effective capture management approaches and techniques.
* Bachelor's degree, preferred in related technical field, and 15 years in a Business Development or a Capture Manager position. (additional education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
* Proven track record of successful capture management at a variety of acquisition sizes.
* Demonstrated access to key NASA IT government customers and industry partners.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
* Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans.
* Prior experience supporting business development and capture efforts for NASA.
* Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance.
* A technical degree is highly desired.
* Strong, respected relationships within NASA IT community
* Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
* Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision.
* The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close.
* Active Secret clearance is preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Website : http://www.leidos.com
We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in national security, health, and infrastructure. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.