7 - 10 Years
Within this role, the candidate will be responsible for understand and verifying business cases for change, completing business process analysis, and defining business and functional requirements. This will be executed across multiple projects within the trading division. The candidate will manage relationships and expectations with business stakeholders and sponsors and support development and test teams throughout the entire delivery lifecycle. />
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.6 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; 50 percent owned DT Group which specialises in logistics and trading; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 3,935 employees who work in 62 offices in 35 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD136.4 billion in 2017. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
We require an accomplished business analyst with in-depth experience of completing detailed business process analysis and requirement gathering to enable the delivery of complex software development projects.
Within this role, the candidate will be responsible for understand and verifying business cases for change, completing business process analysis, and defining business and functional requirements. This will be executed across multiple projects within the trading division. The candidate will manage relationships and expectations with business stakeholders and sponsors and support development and test teams throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business stakeholders
- Primary responsibility is the determination & clear articulation of business requirements for our North America trading business
- Responsible for clearly articulating target business processes and the business requirements and functional design to enable change.
- Work with the functional architecture team to determine the design of a solution, including screen design & usability to optimise business processes
- Detail story elaboration to enable the system implementation, configuration and/or development
- Support development teams to ensure a solution meets its business requirements.
- Support quality assurance teams to ensure a solution meets its business requirements.
- Support change management and training teams to prepare business stakeholder for process and functional change.
- Provide third line support for production issues.
- Delivery focus
- Team worker, mentorship of junior analysts
- Good communicator & engaging
- Ability to make decisions & thrive in a fast paced environment
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to act as a bridge between the business and development team located in other offices, translating business concepts into requirements that are implementable
- Expected to have 7 years’ experience of requirements analysis in a commercial environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience in some or all of the following areas:
o Crude & products trading lifecycle
o Profit and loss, position and risk management (physical & paper)
o Crude & products operations; Scheduling/inventory
o Crude & products logistics ETRM system implementation. Pipelines scheduling experience is highly desirable
o Experience in data analytics, and database SQL knowledge
o Awareness of software development lifecycle and testing principles
o Proficient in business analysis techniques and ability to utilize reporting tools (e.g. Qlikview, Business Objects) to provide information for decision analysis
o Ability to take a systematic & analytical approach to problem solving & pay close attention to detail
o Trade finance & credit, accounting and treasury, including cash settlement
- Demonstrable the ability to drive business process changes, challenging current business practices and working with key business process personnel
- Experience of a variety of software development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, iterative development)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong academic background – excellent degree from a top tier university is required in a subject that demonstrates the need for logical thinking, precise understanding and clear articulation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Related Jobs in Houston
Related Jobs in I.T
Here you can view your recently viewed jobs.
Currently you do not have any recently viewed jobs.
What we do
At a Glance
Oil & Petroleum Products
Metals & Minerals
Shipping & Chartering
All Press Releases
The Economics of Commodity Trading
Website : http://www.trafigura.com/
Trafigura is one of the world’s leading independent commodity trading and logistics houses. We’re at the heart of the global economy. Every day and around the world, we are advancing trade – reliably, efficiently and responsibly. We see global trade as a positive force and we go further to make trade work better.