Business Analyst (Property & Casualty Insurance)
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst with experience in the property and casualty insurance industry. The candidate will be based out of the company’s office in Clearwater, FL.
General Job Description:
Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, verifying and managing needs of the project stakeholders, including executives, managers, subject matter experts, agents and end-users. The Business Analyst will serve as the conduit between the project team and the development and design teams
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Actively participates in the TEST PLANNING PROCESS and TESTING
- Plans, designs and recommends business processes to improve and support business activities.
- Develops test plans, creates test scenarios and conducts business application testing to verify requirements and business needs are fully implemented. Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Interprets stakeholder business needs and translates them into application and operational requirements that improves the organization’s operating efficiencies and costs.
- Develops requirements and specifications according to standard templates, using natural language to support the stakeholder’s needs.
- Partners with stakeholders to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions – can offer workarounds where determined.
- Assists with developing the methods and procedures required to identify whether current business goals and objectives meet organizational needs.
- Tracks outstanding issues, implementation timelines and works with the management team to plan implementation target dates.
- Creates flowchart diagrams or storyboards for new product features, processes and functions.
- Interacts professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, subject matter experts, end-users and agents.
- At least 2-3 years of Property and Casualty Insurance experience required. Preferred candidates will possess 3-5 years of experience in a BA role or similar function.
- Experience in technical, business and process documentation required.
- Experience in communicating with varied organizational tiers.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Presentation skills including delivery to varied organizational tiers.
- Ability to successfully collaborate in a team environment with multiple team members.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, priority-shifting environment.
- Advanced user – Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please only apply if you have the required skills
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. (No sponsorship)
SelectPro is a U.S. based technology professional services firm. Our team has decades of experience providing consulting and resource solutions to Clients throughout the United States. Our Clients are companies of all sizes, ranging from new start-ups to large enterprises who seek expertise in the latest technologies.