Amisys Business Analyst
St. Louis (Clayton) MO
Perform and lead various analysis and interpretation to link business needs and objectives for assigned function and implement process improvements.
• Lead the support of business initiatives through data analysis, identification of implementation barriers and user acceptance testing of various systems
• Lead the identification and analysis of user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing processes
• Resolve issues and identify opportunities for process redesign and improvement
• Perform detailed analysis on multiple projects, recommend potential business solutions and ensure successful implementations, including improvements and revisions to business processes and requirements
• Evaluate risks and concerns and communicate to management
• Coordinate with various business units and departments in the development and delivery of training programs
• Develop, share, and incorporate organizational best practices into business applications
• Oversee all changes to departmental policies and procedures, including communicating and implementing the changes
• Serve as the subject matter expert on the assigned function product to ensure operational performance
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
6 years of business process analysis, preferably in healthcare (i.e. documenting business process, gathering requirements) or claims payment/analysis experience.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications, including Excel and Access preferred.
Experience in benefits, pricing, contracting or claims and knowledge of provider reimbursement methodologies.
Knowledge of managed care information or claims payment systems preferred.
Previous structured testing experience preferred.
Previous claims configuration and authorization experience highly desired
Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis and propose solutions
Strong knowledge of Amisys claims configuration systems as it relates to benefits and authorizations
Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to management multiple competing priorities
Project management experience or implementation experience highly preferred