Random House Children's Books publishes outstanding books for readers of all ages and understands that the young readers of today become the influencers of tomorrow. If you are looking to combine your analytical mindset with your passion for the children's and teen book business, we may have the perfect position for you!
The Category Management team is seeking a Sales Analyst to provide essential analytical support and competitive analysis to the RHCB division on internal and industry category trends. The role will support sales and publishing efforts to better grow our business, analyze information and draw conclusions, and provide suggestions to increase RHCB's market share. This is an exciting opportunity to be fully immersed in data collection, draw insight from analysis, and present findings on a variety of subjects in a clear and succinct format.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Researching and maintaining corporate and industry data files containing sales information for determining trends, gaps, and opportunities for market growth.
* Compiling weekly, monthly, quarterly, and seasonal snapshots of divisional and industry POS performance.
* Tracking and analyzing market share across the Children's publishing landscape.
* Performing quarterly and annual backlist analysis to surface and scale opportunity titles and trends across the division, the company, and the industry.
* Identifying channel and category specific opportunities by reviewing account-specific POS performance against divisional and industry data.
* Assisting Sales Managers with research and reviews upon request.
* Tracking monthly billings against budget and prior year data and communicating data to sales management.
* Providing analytical support for new business initiatives.
* Attend sales, marketing, and editorial meetings as necessary.
* Contributing marketplace analysis to various meetings as requested.
* Minimum of 2 years of business analytics experience, children's publishing experience a plus
* Genuine interest in children's book publishing; familiarity with categories a plus
* Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels within the division
* Strong strategic and organizational skills
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
* Able to shift priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Adaptable with the ability to quickly learn new information systems and integrate them into existing processes
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of Business Objects a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at ****