Title : Business Analyst
Location : Owings Mills, MD
Duration : Contract (6 months)
US Citizen, Green Card, TN, GC EAD and H4 EAD only No Third-party agencies corp to corp.
• A net new opening to bring on a Sr. Level Data (Portfolio) Analyst supporting the EPMO team.
• This position is a 6 month assignment with the potential to extend beyond the 6 month duration (based on resource performance and budget).
• Reporting into the EPMO Program Manager, this resource will use both quantitative and qualitative rationale and provide a strategic view on how data enables enterprise business objectives; promoting best practices around data visualization and data integrity in all project deliverables.
• The ideal candidate will have experience and in-depth knowledge on project management methodology, although this is not a project management nor is there stakeholder interaction.
• The resource will be invited to project meetings and will provide strong project reporting skills – value realization, KPIs, business analysis, portfolio tracking and governance reporting.
• This resource will be responsible for administrative project tasks, performance and management of reporting/dashboards.
• Required experience - demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the program/portfolio management team while establishing a repeatable process: Develops standard reports/dashboards in support of strategic initiatives by utilizing the latest data visualization tools and techniques.
• Coordinates requests and gathers documents for IRPS portfolio reporting and business needs.
• Leverages knowledge of the IRPS and EPMO business to develop reporting tools which will meet current and future business needs.
• Proactively identifies opportunities to improve and evolve existing business reporting solutions.
• Partners with PMs to align deliverables and milestones to standards.
• Analyzes information retrieved and assembles presentation quality information with business insight and strategic decision support for use by managers.
• Analyzes data and information needs to implement solutions that minimize redundancy and maximize the compatibility of data.
• Tracks and ensures the delivery of operating plans through reporting and identification of key variances.
• Partners with program manager to evaluate current reporting and provide more in-depth analytics on existing and new reports.
• Develop frameworks / approaches for translating business and finance data down to operational drivers.
• Perform analysis to predict, measure, and interpret trends in order to inform key decisions including tracking of business metrics and translation of metrics into actionable operational insights.
• Work closely with program managers/team to drive business actions based on changes in metrics. Identify business impact through continuous analysis of metrics.
• Most importantly, a candidate with a very strong communication and social intelligence is a MUST to be successful in this position to articulate key trends and insights to portfolio team, and gather, document, and analyze information and project requirements (Working mostly out of SharePoint and/or One Drive.
• The resource will have the option of working from either system) Excellent time management and organizational skills. Prioritize time with minimal supervision. A candidate who has worked in a financial environment is highly preferred. Superior analytical, modeling skills, and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the program/portfolio management team. Ability to conceive, communicate, document and implement strategic concepts. Advanced knowledge of business analytics. Process oriented, logical thinker.
TECHNICAL AND EDUCATION:
• Strong knowledge of technology business processes. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint. 5 years minimum experience in developing business analytics solutions. Business and reporting experience required. Portfolio governance experience highly preferred.
Start Date: July 30th
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required: 4
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: Negotiable / Other
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Inc. is a new generation company delivering IT consulting, enterprise-wide web solutions and enterprise support services by leveraging valuable experience and cutting-edge technologies. Catering to the demanding needs of diverse business sectors, our professionals are committed to providing high-level customer support and services. With a focused approach towards customers needs, we never lose sight of the satisfaction and success of our customers