The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
JOB ID #:9451
Full - Time
1 - 3 Years
Add to Job Cart
Where Great People Build Successful Careers.
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking a Business Analyst to join our growing Commercial Lines Strategic Operations team in our Atlanta office.
The Business Analyst performs work in support of one or more initiative, lines of business and/or products, supports several moderately complex business and/or technical processes and/or improvement efforts and considers and communicates the strategic applicability of the work project goals and work products.
This is a full-time, exempt role.
- Providing technical expertise in business analysis across business functions, understanding the relationship between the business, critical data and the technology that supports the business or product. Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of business and/or technical requirements
- Collaborates with all relevant parties by demonstrating knowledge of the business and technical systems and by providing timely and accurate information between stakeholder groups (e.g. the business partner and the information technology organization).
- Solicits & applies best practice approach to technology and business solutions for areas of expertise.
- Using professional and technical expertise to advise business partners of effective and creative solutions and improvement opportunities within their business process; including risk/benefit analysis, cost benefit analysis and anticipated return on investment.
- Actively assists in the definition, coordination and communication of all roles and responsibilities associated with the successful outcomes of their projects and assignments; including meeting agenda creation and execution.
- Runs meetings as appropriate using best practice facilitation tools & techniques. Has some facilitation exposure to senior leadership & external stakeholders
- Participating in project planning from requirements through design, testing, implementation, evaluation and maintenance; with accountability for specific deliverables as needed.
- Researching, collecting, prioritizing, documenting and communicating requirements gathered through various techniques (e.g. JAD session facilitation, workflow mapping for current state understanding, story-boarding and business scenarios testing for end-state design and implementation of solutions).
- May utilize system integration tools.
- Participates in the documentation of requirements used to create specifications.
- Partner with developers and business partners to develop functional design approach to address requirements. Participating in the documentation of functional design that will be used to create the technical design.
- Planning, developing and executing routine test cases and validating results during all phases of testing. Identifies and recommends improvements when appropriate. Automates test cases when appropriate.
- Develop and execute reports based on moderately complex business requirements by extracting data from a business application or information system and validating results.
- Include analytics/summary of information for stakeholders.
- Provide production support on escalated issues by researching and prioritizing problems. Resolves basic problems and partners with technology development for analysis and solution.
- May escalate to a more experienced resource when needed. May provide support through the warranty period
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of MS Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Solid analytical abilities
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed Employment Agency Agreement already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
Back to top
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.hanover.com
Welcome to the Partnership Portal for Winning Agents. Here you’ll discover our intense focus on product innovation, national strength with a regional approach, unparalleled responsiveness, a commitment to on-going education, and our true dedication to partnering with the best. This is a value proposition you cannot refuse. The Hanover Promise: We offer a commitment to true Agency Partnership creating franchise value through selective distribution. By providing our products and services to only a selective group of Agents, we’ve created an opportunity for those Agents to offer more to their customers. You won’t find a more intense focus on distinctive product innovation than with The Hanover. We invest unprecedented amounts of relevant products designed for individuals, families, and businesses. This enables our Agents to grow exponentially and write “the total account.” Responsiveness and expertise are paramount to our approach. From streamlined quote processes, first contact resolution and a customer service center to local decision authority, an easy-to-use POS system, account triage, unsurpassed marketing tools, and on-going education and training, our Agents are equipped for success.