Rent A Center
Business Analyst III','!*!JOB PURPOSE: The Business Analyst III position will play a critical role in identifying issues and opportunities, designing and conducting analysis and recommending solutions for implementing system and operational change. This position will support the IT Department on initiatives that will enable the company to enter new markets, conduct business in existing markets in a fundamentally new way and improve/enhance existing business processes and systems. The Business Analyst III is responsible for acting as a liaison between business customers and technical teams on enterprise wide projects and implementations. They will consult with the business to understand its goals and objectives and translate those objectives into technical and functional requirements. They may be called to assist in carrying out the primary actions of Project Management or Product Assurance activities.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs and recommend improvements
• Research, define and document current “As is” business processes and recommend improvements
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis.
• Create and maintain updated documentation on business processes, applications and business solutions including process flows, use cases, functional specifications, test cases, training and system manuals, and job aids.
• Serve as the conduit for the flow of requirements between the customer community (both internal and external) and the technology and support teams.
• Assist in identifying the root cause of system and operational issues, analyze data, and recommend solutions
• Strict adherence to RAC's IT SDLC processes and standards
• Preparing new proposals in support of business and IT initiatives including benefits, costs and basic financial analysis (ROI, IRR).
• Creation of structured project plans and ability to lead execution of the plan for small to medium projects
• Lead and/or assist quality assurance activities for small to medium projects.
• Research and assist in resolution of production support issues
• Expert knowledge of related system applications and business processes across multiple domains
• Mentor junior BSA team members
• Participate and contribute to the Business Analysis Center of Excellence as we work to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the BA role here at RAC.','!*!JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
• Greater than 5 years related BA experience and/or training
• A diverse technical background sufficient to understand the technologies and technical issues involved with the project and industry.
• Experience in an ecommerce application package like Hybris, SiteCore, or Magento
• Certified scrum master preferred
• A strong business acumen with advanced knowledge of Retail principles
• Experienced and skilled user of office productivity tools such as Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project Server.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts using strong presentation skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Should possess an understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into complete and concise application and operational requirements.
• Expert analytical ability and problem solving skills
• Ability to identify root causes to business problems and guide the business to innovative solutions
• Able to multi-task with great time management and prioritization skills
• Advanced understanding of all phases of the software development life cycles
• Strong knowledge of Project Management and Product Assurance principles and practices preferred.
• Experience with JIRA
• Experience in Agile and Scrum preferred.
• Must be self-motivated, independent, resourceful
#LI-DNI','UNITED STATES-TEXAS-PLANO','Business Analyst III
Rent A Center
Website : http://www.rentacenter.com
Rent-A-Center is the largest rent-to-own operator in the United States with an approximate 32% market share based on store count as of September 30, 2013. At June 30, 2013, Rent-A-Center operated approximately 3,142 company-owned stores nationwide, Canada, and in Mexico and Puerto Rico. At September 30, 2013, Rent-A-Center Franchising International, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, is a franchiser of 213 rent-to-own stores. Our stores generally offer high quality durable products such as major consumer electronics, appliances, computers, and furniture and accessories under flexible rental purchase agreements that typically allow the customer to obtain ownership of the merchandise at the conclusion of an agreed-upon rental period. These rental purchase agreements are designed to appeal to a wide variety of customers by allowing them to obtain merchandise that they might otherwise be unable to obtain due to insufficient cash resources or a lack of access to credit. These agreements also cater to customers who only have a temporary need, or who simply desire to rent rather than purchase the merchandise.