Our client, a private equity backed E&P operator, is actively seeking a Business Development Analyst. The analyst is responsible for financial and operational analysis of new business opportunities, including acquisitions, internal expansion, joint ventures and pre-IPO activities. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience completing valuation analyses including DCF, LBO, comparable trading and precedent transaction methodologies. This position will support the CFO and Executive Team members with the planning and execution of acquisitions and the companys overall strategic planning process. The role will entail analyzing financial statements, preparing financial models and valuation analyses, conducting industry and market research, participating in due diligence, and preparing presentations, memorandums and other documents for committee approvals.
* Prepare analyses and presentations for executive management, board members, and investors.
* Work closely with the CFO and Executive Team and other internal and external parties to support a fast-paced, deadline-driven pipeline of acquisition opportunities.
* Model and evaluate risks and returns for investment opportunities.
* Perform financial modeling and valuation analysis. Prepares models and analyses for various acquisitions, including joint ventures/partnership structures.
* Interact with brokers, sellers, and investment bankers to accurately understand and determine transaction assumptions, facts, and risks necessary to properly evaluate an opportunity.
* Support the due diligence effort for new acquisitions and developments including working closely with internal teams in matters relating to financial analysis, legal document drafting and negotiation, and coordination of internal and external diligence reports.
* Provide initial deal screening, financial analysis, structuring and valuation of potential investments (greenfield projects or acquisitions, including pre-IPO activities).
* Prepare and analyze pro-forma and historical financial statements and valuation model building, including presentations to senior management, board members, and investors.
* Creation and maintenance of key spreadsheets used in preparation of projected financial statements.
* Review target acquisitions contracts and all other material agreements for business terms and possible restrictions on expansion, as well as develop strategy to maximize profitability and growth of acquisition target.
* Assist CFO, CEO, and executive management in preparation of a financial offer based on financial model.
* Support contract negotiations and closings by assisting in the preparation of documents related to proposed transactions, including general correspondence, Term Sheets, Due Diligence Information Request Memoranda, Purchase Agreements, and Employment Agreements.
* Manage due diligence process and perform financial and operational analysis for acquisitions.
* Collaborate with all functions (i.e. finance, legal, managed care, tax, risk management, and operations) to review due diligence materials and examine deal breakers, issues and resolutions, and integration challenges.
* Prepare and/or oversee valuation models for acquisition candidates incorporating assumptions from operations and findings of cross functional due diligence teams.
* MBA or Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
* 8 years relevant experience in Mergers & Acquisitions.Extensive experience completing valuation analyses including DCF, LBO, comparable trading and precedent transaction methodologies.
* 3 years of prior experience in investment banking, private equity, credit underwriting, corporate development, or Big 4 public accounting.
* Exceptional financial modeling skills and knowledge of accounting and finance.
* Excel, PowerPoint and Word expertise.
* Entrepreneurial drive with ability to work in dynamic environment with minimal hierarchy.
* Comfort engaging and interacting with senior executives.
* Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
* High standards of professional and ethical conduct.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Vigilant with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Self-starter, high personal initiative, sense of urgency, intellectual curiosity.
* Travel will be required based upon business needs (approximately 25%).
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?