ING North America Insurance Corporation
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Sr. Business Analyst role supports the Business by working with the Digital Product Owners and development teams with responsibility for eliciting, understanding and documenting business needs to determine and recommend the most optimal solution to conduct software development. Assists in formulating creative, technical contributions to defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects and implementing Digital IT business solutions. Acts as an adept analytical resource focusing on critical business priorities. Assists in establishing plans for defining, delivering, enabling and supporting information technology components into the organization architecture. Utilizing an Agile approach the Business Analyst will develop the Agile stories and create the acceptance criteria and will make recommendations about products and features that would support a positive, secure and efficient customer experience.
- Provide consulting regarding the practices and methods for defining detailed business requirements including planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to corporate standards
- Review business requirements which describe the business needs and the scope of the solution.
- Document and refine business requirements to describe the business needs to a functional requirement level without presuming a technical solution. Under the guidance of a Business Solutions Consultant, ensure requirements are verifiable and testable once a solution is defined
- Support the execution of the development pipeline and delivery of Voyas software products including vendor solutions to QA, and ultimately to production
- Work in execution of product development across all teams as part of the development lifecycle
- Work with Project and Release Management to sequence/coordinate development activities within software development
- environment methodologies
- Operate at a high technical level for identified phases of IT projects.
- Identify applicable technology alternatives to given business problems with the assistance and direction of the Business Solutions Consultant.
- Supports project manager/release manager by developing detailed project information such as scope information, estimates, evaluation criteria and results, etc.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements; considers business application of technology to both current and future business environment.
- Develop detailed application, product, and/or tool selection evaluation criteria based on identified product requirements; assumes full accountability for developing business and functional requirements for complex issues.
- Uses comparative analysis techniques to evaluate and recommend overall IT solutions for client/organization. Provides senior level consulting services to internal business groups and peers on process improvement projects designed to improve business and IT results. Supports design, build and test phases for larger scope enhancements and projects.
- Ability to Lead BAs in Requirement Analysis for small to medium projects. Coaches and mentors less experienced analysts.
- Supports design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field
- Six years of professional IT experience with leadership in technical and business analysis
- Enterprise Testing, Quality Standards, and software product knowledge (architecture, infrastructure, security, DevOps, etc.)
- SDLC knowledge
- Software development environment methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile)
- Business requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Functional requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Requirements Analysis, Planning & prioritization execution
- Requirements Elicitation and facilitation execution
- Financial Management knowledge
- Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- Analytical /data analysis skills
- Change Management
- Consensus building to gather requirements
- Interviewing skills among stakeholders
- Meeting facilitation (in person and virtual)
- Communication Skills (written, verbal and presentation skills, detail orientated)
- Communication skills (Functional communication to technical stakeholders, Technical communication to non-technical stakeholders)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Collaboration with internal and external teams and business partners
- Business Acumen among LOBs (past, current, future goals, strategies and plans)
- Business relationship management
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: JR*******
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Voya Financial, Inc. (NYSE: VOYA), helps Americans plan, invest and protect their savings - to get ready to retire better. Serving the financial needs of approximately 13.6 million individual and institutional customers in the United States, Voya is a Fortune 500 company that had $11 billion in revenue in 2016. The company had $484 billion in total assets under management and administration as of Dec. 31, 2016. With a clear mission to make a secure financial future possible - one person, one family, one institution at a time - Voyas vision is to be Americas Retirement Company(r). Certified as a Great Place to Work by the Great Place to Work(r) Institute, Voya is equally committed to conducting business in a way that is socially, environmentally, economically and ethically responsible and has been recognized as one of the 2017 Worlds Most Ethical Companies(r) by the Ethisphere Institute, as well as one of the Top Green Companies in the U.S., by Newsweek magazine. Contact Info
- 30 Braintree Hill Office Park
Braintree, MA 02184
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
ING North America Insurance Corporation
Website : http://www.ing.com/en.htm
We are a global financial institution with a strong European base, offering banking services. We draw on our experience and expertise, our commitment to excellent service and our global scale to meet the needs of a broad customer base, comprising individuals, families, small businesses, large corporations, institutions and governments. Our customers are at the heart of what we do. Our more than 52,000 employees offer retail and wholesale banking services to customers in over 40 countries. Our strengths include our well-known, strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, omnichannel distribution strategy and international network. Moreover, ING is currently among leaders in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index ‘Banks industry’ group.ING’s orange lion goes way back to ING’s Dutch roots. Orange is the national colour of the Netherlands, and the lion the country’s national symbol. Several founding ING companies, banks and insurers, had or still have the lion in their logos.