Marriott International, Inc.
Bethesda, MD, United States
Business Analyst, It
Jun 18, 2021
Oct 01, 2021
Senior Business Systems Analyst, Data Platform
Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Marriott International HQ,10400 Fernwood Road,Bethesda,Maryland,US)
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Leads workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert. Collaborates with client and information technology organizations to lead the definition of functional requirements and functional designs of creative solutions that will support the clients’ strategy and future business goals. Performs independent research to proactively identify and analyze future opportunities and emerging solutions that could be applied in the clients’ operations to drive improvement. Assist Architecture & Development associates in clarifying functional requirements and functional design during development of solution.
Education and Experience
6 years relevant work experience with:
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification.
Demonstrated experience working with data projects and data environments.
Demonstrated experience working on Agile teams.
Work with cross functional team of analysts, project managers and product owners to build a prioritized backlog of artifacts for multiple products
Experience with converting large business initiatives into business requirements epics that can be sourced into user stories
Manage and communicate effectively with internal and external partners, flexing to the audience
Skilled at converting business needs into technology requirements and working within IT to manage the ongoing development of a product
Skilled at cross functional collaboration with leaders and peers to clearly articulate product vision and desired functionality
Ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, and decide and influence appropriate course of action
Certified Scrum Master or Scrum Product Owner
Demonstrated knowledge of cloud data environments.
Demonstrated knowledge of data management and reporting/analytics related business functions and applications.
Familiarity with Marriott’s existing information architecture, application portfolio, and information management methodology
Experience identifying and analyzing alternative solutions to complex business requirements and providing guidance and advice
Strong communication skills, including experience facilitating requirements analysis and functional design working sessions
Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
Excellent analytical skills where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult
Experience with business process re-engineering
Strong process management, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolution skills
Experience completing information technology cost/resource estimates to implement and support solutions
Knowledge of emerging technologies, including those new to the Marriott environment as well as those that are new to the information systems industry
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Facilitates business requirements analysis and functional design work sessions including creating business presentations, communications, and documentation
Lead functional design including demonstrations to stakeholders to validate approach
Identifies creative solutions to business requirements, analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives, and provides recommendations
Works with external vendors and analogous companies to obtain additional insights, approaches, and demonstrations of solutions
Collaborates with the client organization including business analysts in the client organizations
Document functional, integration, and testing requirements as well as SLAs and operating level agreements
Leads technology cost/resource estimates and input to business cases
Work with the IT Architecture & Development organization during development to address functional requirements and functional design clarifications
Provide expertise and update multi-year technology roadmaps
Provide expertise to training and field support groups as appropriate before new releases go-live
Identifies opportunities to enhance the business partnership and planning processes
Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
Follows all defined technology standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
Participates in technical evaluation process when assessing additions or changes to defined technology standards
- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision and Values
-Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
-Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building a Successful Team
-Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving for Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
-Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
-Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
– Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International, Inc.
Website : http://www.marriott.com