Blue Shield Of California
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California's Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care at an affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by working closely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
Provides support to credentialing department through the analysis and interpretation of data in support of cross-functional business operations. Identifies opportunities for improvements and works cross-functionally to develop business solutions. Provides analytical support to multiple projects, establishing project plans and timelines and coordinating on projects with internal and external resources. Makes presentations to various levels of management, depending on the level.
• Provides analytical support through the analysis and interpretation of data in support of cross-functional business operations
• May develop annual operating plans, capital budgets and forecasts, and build business cases for new business initiatives (cost/benefit analysis)
• Develops, prepares and analyzes reports for management review, and presents to various levels of management.
• Works with management to analyze, prepare and/or present documents for internal and external reviews for committees, audits, etc. and for operational tasks.
• Defines business requirements and provides analysis to increase operational efficiency
• Analyzes actual results against plan and forecast and recommends interventions where appropriate Identifies opportunities for improvement in operational performance and notifies management of issues and problems requiring immediate attention
• Works cross-functionally in analyzing, designing, and developing business solutions.
• Provides analytical support for multiple projects simultaneously, establishes work plans and timelines; coordinates with internal and external resources
• Bachelor's degree or Master's
• two (2) to four (4) years of experience with Bachelor's or equivalent combination; one (1) to two (2) years' experience with an Master's in healthcare related field
• Broad knowledge of automated systems in a production/operations environment
• Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve cross-functional problems related to business operations utilizing statistical analysis methodology
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to perform analyses such as GAP, process mapping, root-cause, risk, and requirements data gathering Broad knowledge of PC's and related software applications
• Skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, analytical and problem-solving, use of analytical tools (e.g., Excel graphs)
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Working knowledge of NCQA and CMS standards.
• Experience in provider credentialing preferred
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Blue Shield Of California
Website : https://www.blueshieldca.com
Blue Shield of California, an independent member of the Blue Shield Association, is a nonprofit health plan dedicated to providing Californians with access to high-quality health care at an affordable price.As a nonprofit health plan, Blue Shield is guided by our mission and values, which encourage innovation and enable us to be a catalyst for constructive change. Our mission and values are embodied in our proposal to guarantee health coverage for all Californians, the first time a major health plan has called for universal coverage. See our 2015 Mission Report.