In any managerial job, responsibility higher position means more responsibilities. The business analysis manager is responsible for supervising a lot of things under him. A business analysis manger has many tasks including:
- Supervise, coordinate and administer activities of the team of business analysts in company.
- Ensure resources used are within the budget, resource planning, and financial planning and administer other departmental activities, implement new policies and procedures and revise the planning strategy to suit changing economic needs.
- Set the goals of various departments with the respective representatives present during meetings and brainstorming sessions and agree on the best way to approach the reaching of goals.
- Assign job responsibilities and job descriptions at each level to avoid overlapping of work and at the same time avoid overlooking a person's job. Track the recruitment and staffing process and needs for the company.
- Attending company meetings, conferences and seminars. This helps to strengthen the feeling of oneness in the organization.
As an analyst the manager should have excellent analytical skills. Having a strong mathematical background and a good eye with details helps further with analysis.
Finding flaws in the various departments and helpful procedures and strategies needs foresight. A manager must be able to develop alternatives for efficiently completing all tasks so a diagnostic insight is required. As a business manager, he or she should have excellent managerial skills. Focusing on the needs of the company and staying updated with market trends and industrial plans will help the administrative department run smoothly. The person in this position acts as a link between subordinates and senior members of the organization. He or she promotes new ideas and a healthy work atmosphere.
One needs a degree in management and financial planning to acquire such a post. Experience and expertise also count and a minimum of six to eight years of experience is essential. The requirements may vary from organization to organization along with the salary. The salary also depends on the level of experience and amount of knowledge.