Job description of business analyst
The different requisites of a business analyst include solution and analysis definition, technical testing and recommendation and project execution. Various other jobs performed by a business analyst are:
• Understands various business issues and information challenges of customer's industry and organization.
• Recognizes the weaknesses and strengths of client and recommends different fields of improvement.
• Edits and reviews recommendations, business processes, specifications and requirements associated with proposed solutions.
• Develops system design and functional specifications so as to meet client's requirements.
• Leads various testing efforts
• Makes sure that all technical issues are reported, identified and tracked timely.
• Work with patrons to recognize needed changes
• Presents the required changes to project development team
• Helps in completing project schedules and deadlines
• Manages different resources as per the project schedules
• Delivers quality services to the clients consistently
Some Core Requisites
• Helps in arranging client and team meetings
• Delivers well organized and informative presentations
• Knows very well how to present sensitive or difficult information tactfully
• Possesses core understanding in fields of system design, database design and application programming.
• Understands all client/server, extranet, intranet and internet architectures
• Identifies all critical problems with ease
Overall, a business analyst renders high quality business advising services to the clients and helps them out in growing their business portfolio.
Qualifications, training and experience
There are some organizations in which a business analyst works together with a group of system programmers and there is no need to master programming languages. On the other hand, in some other companies, the responsibilities of computer programmer and business analyst are unclear and often the analyst needs to be well acquainted with coding concepts. In general, an expertise in any computer language will aid the business analyst to do their responsibilities better. In order to get the basic computer programming expertise, the business analyst is required to possess a good understanding of VB programming, UML, reporting, data analysis, office automation, SQL and some other packages. However, the requisites of a business analyst can vary from one business firm to another greatly.
The capability to lead the team and work with coordinates is generally demanded from the business analysts. Good communication and writing skills will also help a lot.
Almost all job titles of business analysis are high paying and offer the business analysts to earn in the range of 38,966 dollars to 62,310 dollars per year. Excellent employment prospects for advancements are there in this field and pay scale escalates considerably for those who have enough experience in this field.
Overall, a career in business analysis offers the individual an opportunity to implement their decisive thinking capabilities as they need to manage various issues of business world.